As part of the Sandy Show 150 year celebrations this year, we have organised a Scarecrow competition in Sandy:
- Competition open to all in Sandy
- Create your amazing design and place it in your front garden between 6th-11th August
- Send in your entry form so that we know where to find you (Sandy only please – includes Fallowfield, Girtford, Ivel Park and Beeston)
- Judging will take place on the morning of Saturday 11th August, so place your entry by 9 am latest – front gardens or driveway only please- we will not be accessing any back yards.
- Winning entry will be notified within the week following and the top 6 entrants will be invited to display their work at the 2018 Sandy Show on Saturday 18th August.
- An entry form can be downloaded here and you can print it off and send a hard copy in to the return address, or if you have email, the info boxes can be filled in and emailed back to us. (Don’t forget to save a copy for your records before sending).
We look forward to seeing all your handiwork on 11th August. Good luck!
Update: The Scarecrow Competition 2018 was judged by the High Sheriff of Bedfordshire, Mr Julian Polhill.
1st Prize of £50 was awarded to Mrs Susan Sutton,(pictured below left) for her ‘Gertrude Jekyll’ Scarecrow. Mrs Sutton has donated her winnings to the local Poppy Appeal.
2nd Prize of £25 was awarded to Mr Robert Martin, for his ‘Scary Crow‘, (pictured below Right).